CIVIL PROCESS WITHIN THE NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA
Civil Process Service is too vital a function to leave to service providers who do not share your dedication to adhering to the law. Our own group of very well trained, experienced, and dedicated process servers are fully prepared to handle all process serving assignments in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut metropolitan area. In New York City, our servers are licensed, bonded and use the most up to date GPS tracking software. And our process servers comport themselves, at all times, with the professionalism and decorum our clients require.
- Licensed process service agency in New York City for more than 25 years.
- Our process servers provide dedicated attention to your civil process assignments.
- Simplified, per attempt per address service fees for assignments anywhere within the 100 mile radius of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, located at Foley Square in Manhattan
- No additional fees for the number of documents you seek to serve or the number of defendants, witnesses, etc. you are serving at any one address.
- Initial attempt to serve is made within 24 hours of our receipt of documents.*
- All assignments are handled immediately and without delay until completed.
- Target Research and all of its process server agents are fully compliant with local New York City laws and rules on process service enacted in 2011.
- Our firm is fully bonded as required by the NYC Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
- Our process servers are fully bonded.
- All laws and court rules governing process service are adhered to by our process servers and our staff.
- As a licensed and bonded private investigations firm, Target Research is also able to legally provide ancillary services such as identification and location (skip tracing) of litigants and witnesses.
SAME DAY? NEXT DAY? NO PROBLEM
This is what we do. Our clients call upon us on a daily basis to handle assignments on a same day or next day basis for process to be served in the New York metropolitan area and around the country. We can handle it. Don’t worry.
CIVIL PROCESS SERVED OUT OF STATE
- Decades of experience in handling process service assignments throughout the United States.
- We are not a referral service. There are numerous directories and other information sources available to you to locate a process server anywhere. But whether you have one document to serve or dozens scattered around the country, finding worthwhile process servers on your own can be risky and needless time consuming.
- For most areas, including the major metropolitan areas, we have longstanding relationships with honest, capable and dependable process servers who are ready to handle assignments for us on a moment’s notice.
- We are members of numerous professional organizations that allow us to locate process servers in even the most remote corners.
- We provide all the ancillary and complimentary services that assist the local process server to successfully handle assignments.
- We assure that local process servers adhere to the requirements of the court in which your case is venued. This is especially important for cases brought in New York courts and served outside the state.
CIVIL PROCESS SERVED IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES
The Hague Convention of Foreign Service dictates the manner in which civil process must be served in those countries which are signatories to the convention. Cases brought in United States federal courts must be served in accordance with convention rules. Cases brought in state courts have their own particular rules. However, service of process abroad for cases in state court should be made in accordance with convention rules, especially if there may be a need to enforce a court judgment in the foreign country.
YOU DO NOT NEED OUR SERVICE, or those of any other service company, to handle service of process assignments via the Hague Convention on Foreign Service. We caution you to be careful in considering the services of any firm which claims it can “help” you with your Hague Convention needs. We will be more than pleased, though, to consult with you, and provide you with written information and the required Request Form.
SO WHAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH THE HAGUE CONVENTION?
The problem is that, while free, your assignment is often not very high up on the list of priorities of the receiving agency in that foreign country. You may often find yourself waiting weeks or months for your process service request to be handled. In addition, if efforts to serve process become difficult for any reason, the foreign based process server may not be willing or able to provide the time, effort or expertise needed to handle your request. And during all this time, your client is anxious to get the case started.
THE GOOD NEWS
is that we are able to assist you in serving process abroad. As the New York based office of International Detective Services, Inc., we have our own colleagues in many countries in Europe and Asia. We are also members of the World Association of Detectives and other organizations, providing us with an extensive group of capable, and authorized, process servers around the world.
There are many reasons to have process served in foreign countries by a private process server before, or in conjunction with, or even in lieu of, service via the Hague Convention on Foreign Service.
- Our foreign agents handle assignments immediately.
- Any difficulties in service process (ie: the foreign company is out of business, or the person you seek to serve has moved) will be ascertained without undue delay and can then be addressed.
- Depending on the court your case is in, such local service can be fully legal and sufficient or, in the absence of objection by your foreign defendant, such service can be deemed, or stipulated to be, legally sufficient.
- Your case will be started, and your parties joined, that much earlier, saving you weeks or months of precious time.